CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

It's not very cerebral Stella

This is my response to this article in Slate...

I don't know what to think really. It's (terrorism) stupid.
Stupid people who think that it's okay to kill people they know nothing about except that they don't want them around. They don't care except to disrupt lives. Bombay's financial market was shut down for the day and maybe day after. Was that their goal? I think they (terrorists) don't have anything to live for, so they decide that going to a city and giving out their vision of justice is okay.

I'm pissed. I've been to Bombay as a kid. It was still called Bombay then. My impressions from back then was that it was super crowded, and I remember that we really didn't leave from the place we staying to roam around. It was never safe in my mind.

I agree that in India, this kind of attack isn't new. Just the fact that they are now OPENLY saying they are targeting Westerners.

There are many Indians in India that are Westerners if you think about it.

Bombay is a multicultural haven, and India has been for many centuries. Jews, Christians, Hindus, and Muslims have lived in India forever... I'm sure back then they fought as well.

In the end, once people realize there is no point killing in the name of a GOD or GODs... there is nothing to gain, just sorrow.

This has happened for centuries, we're just aghast now because we're supposed to be more enlightened than our medieval counterparts.

0 comments: